What is PMP?
PMP certification has become one of the most preferred global certifications for project managers across all industry domains and organization. It has become one of the vital disciplines in overall strategic management and is measured more of a science than an art.
Project Management used to be one of the most imprecise professions, with no formal discipline and practice. In 1969, Project Management Institute(PMI) commenced the decent cause of creating a body of knowledge for project management and also creating sufficient awareness in the industry about the need for ratifying the role of a project manager and also placing the foundational standards for project management. PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) was established by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a standard guideline.
Today, the PMBOK guide is being accepted by organizations across the globe. PMBOK guide has been developing and today we have the 6th Edition of PMBOK guide. The most accepted method of demonstrating an individual’s understanding of PMI’s project management standard (PMBOK) is by succeeding the PMP certification.
The PMP certification has grown up in its stature to become one of the most preferred and internationally recognized management credentials since early 2000.
What is the Current outlook on PMP credential?
PMP certification is becoming more and more important globally. The organization is moving towards a stage where all project managers will be expected to be PMP certified. Although PMP certification has been around for almost twenty years now, the importance of the certification is only growing by leaps and bounds. The ROI of achieving a PMP certification is very high.
A PMP certified Project Manager not only gets preference for critical project management assignments but also they get paid better than their non-certified peers.
PMP certified PM are working across industry domains including IT, banking, construction, Pharmaceuticals, Energy/Power, Telecom, automotive, petroleum, Technology to name a few.
It is steadily being ranked in the top five industry certifications across world career surveys. And in the project management domain, PMP is the number one professional certification for Project Managers globally. There are more than 850,000 active PMI members and more than 750,000 active PMP credential holders worldwide, and the number is only increasing
.Which are the Top 10 Reasons to earn a PMP credential?
Read more on our article: What is PMP and benefits of PMP Certification
Getting a certification is an important step in career development which identifies competence and qualified individuals.
Below are the top 10 reasons why project management practitioners opt to become PMP-certified.
1. PMP credential shows your devoir and commitment to the project management profession.
2. PMP credential identifies your understandings, abilities, and knowledge in project management.
3. More industries are hiring PMP credential holder as project managers.
4. PMP credential holders receive 23% more on average than their counterparts.
5. PMP credential can lead to greater career opportunities and advancement.
6. PMP credentials help you get better job responsibilities.
7. Industries with more than 1/3rd of project managers as PMP certified can deliver more of their projects on time and within cost.
8. PMP credential helps to build self-confidence as a project manager.
9. PMP credentials allow for greater salutation and recognition from peers and also from companies.
10. PMP credential improves the profession by creating a large community of like-minded professionals with similar experience.